Marvin Windows of Canada is pleased to invite architecture students to participate in the 2019 Architecture Student Design Challenge!
This year’s theme “Affordable Living Spaces” is centered around affordable housing.
For full contest details download our official contest PDF.
Design low-income housing units that are sustainable and most importantly improve the quality of life of the intended residents and the surrounding community. Your project should reflect thoughtful and future-centric design with an emphasis on accessibility, usability, adaptability, diversity and interaction in the community.
- The design must include Marvin Windows & Doors family of products. To explore our products, visit marvincanada.com or www.marvin.com.
- Any style of architecture is welcome – think outside the box and show us your unique perspective with regards to creating these spaces.
- The design must be mindful of birds.
- Size Restrictions: between 3000 and 7000 square feet.
- Compliance: You will need to meet a Building Code compliance of PG 30, and an overall window U-value of 1.60 or better (or an ER of 25 or greater).
1st place CAD $5,000
2nd place CAD $2,500
3rd place CAD $1,000
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2019
Winner Announcement: August 2019
- This contest of skill is open to architecture students currently enrolled in their third or fourth year of studies in any the following universities: University of Calgary, Carleton University, Dalhousie University, Laval University, University of Manitoba, McGill University, University of Montreal, Ryerson University, University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, University of Waterloo, Laurentian University
- They must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and legal residents of Canada.
- Submit PDF of plans and elevations of your original design which incorporates Marvin® brand products + a written component which includes a general description of the structure and how the design tackles the challenges of affordable housing.
- Send your submission via e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your submission, include your name, address, school name and your student number.
- Group submissions are allowed.
Marvin Windows of Canada will share the winners of the challenge on our website and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn).