The Marvin Windows of Canada (“Marvin”) respects the privacy of its customers and users of this web site (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement discloses how we collect and use information on the Site, and the choices that you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
Information You Provide to Us. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, for example, when requesting product information or registering for a promotion we sponsor.
We use the information we collect from the Site to improve the Site and our services. We use information you provide to us for the purposes stated at the point of collection – for example, to respond to your request for product information. We may also use information we collect from the Site to contact you in the future with respect to new products, options or promotional offers we think may be of interest to you. Users who have provided information in the past may opt-out of receiving future information by following the opt-out procedures below; see Transparency and Choice.
An anonymized string created from your email We and our third party advertisers also may use information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from some providers, see Transparency and Choice.
Marvin Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ( PIPEDA)
- PURPOSE: The purpose of the PIPIDA policy is to ensure that the personal information of customers and employees is collected, used, and disclosed in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- SCOPE: The policy applies to all employees, contractors, and agents of the retail business who handle personal information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The business will only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes identified by the business. The business will obtain consent from individuals before collecting their personal information, and will inform them of the purpose for which the information is being collected.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The business will only use personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless the individual has consented to another use or the use is permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The business will only disclose personal information to third parties with the individual’s consent, or as required by law.
- AECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: The business will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse. This includes physical, organizational, and technological measures.
- ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION: The business will provide individuals with access to their personal information and will allow them to correct any inaccuracies.
- COMPLAINTS: The business will have a process in place for individuals to make complaints about the handling of their personal information and will investigate and respond to complaints in a timely manner.
- TRAINING AND AWARNESS: The business will provide training to employees, contractors, and agents on the importance of protecting personal information and complying with PIPEDA.
- REVIEW AND UPDATE: The business will review and update the PIPEDA policy as required to ensure that it remains current and effective.
- ENFORCEMENT/REDRESS: If for some reason you believe that Marvin has not adhered to the Privacy Statement, please notify us at the addresses below. Marvin will endeavor to respond to your concerns and, when appropriate, take steps to correct a problem.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you may Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By implementing a PIPEDA policy, Marvin Canada can ensure that we are protecting the personal information of our customers and employees and complying with the requirements of PIPEDA.